Saturday, June 19, 2010

Four Down One to Go




A recap of the 5 chicks maiden flights; the first two left this past Wednesday leaving three in the nest to take that plunge. I'm wondering if they are either contemplating their first flight or does Mother Nature take over and gives them that natural instinct to fly off at a certain point. Interesting to see how the first two were the strongest most likely because they were first in the chow line. Mom and Dad birds were constantly flying in feeding their brood of 5 and the nest with those 5 chicks was pretty tight. I think the first two to fly off were the ones fed the most initially.




Two more birds took flight in the morning time. I kept going outside to see if I can catch their first flight, but I missed it. I took a pair of binoculars outside to see if I could possible see a glimpse of them flying around with their new pair of wings, but no luck. One left, one lonely bird left out of 5. I am certain that this last one was the smallest. Fortunately, all 5 survived birth and their initial development; they have a chance.

No comments: